Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Totoro Plushie Update

In my previous post I said I planned to create Chu Totoro (blue) and Chibi Totoro (white) to go with Totoro (grey) as he turned out so wonderful. These are now finished!

You may be wondering who is Totoro and why do I keep going on about him? Well I only recently watched 'My Neighbour Totoro' a delightful japanese animated film by Hayao Miyazaki and just loved these characters.

Chu Totoro is the medium sized blue rabbit-like spirit that is first seen carrying a sack of nuts. I made him out of this fun bright blue turquoise felt and gave him a white belly. He turned out really cute:

Chibi Totoro is the smaller white rabbit-like spirit that is first seen in the film. He helps Chu collect the nuts.



These are quite small and available to buy together in my shop on Etsy. Here they are together:

Grey Totoro has now sold and so I need to make another! I think I will try him with his big smile this time!

Next post should be about Brown Bear!

1 comment:

  1. They are fab! I only just stumbled on your blog, you going to blog some more?
    Karen

    ReplyDelete